- Research awards 2024
- Open Source Software Research
- Internet of Things Research
- SEP related research: key findings by 4iP Council
- Essentiality Checks and Standard Essential Patents
- Case Law Search
The assessment of SEPs’ true essentiality is a topic that has gained significant interest among policy makers. As the European Commission is expected to deliver a legislative proposal to promote an efficient and sustainable SEP licensing ecosystem, the webinar aims to provide a review of the literature on different mechanisms that could be used to determine the essentiality of a patent. Indeed, whilst any policy intervention stems from the need to ensure a reasonable balance among accuracy, transparency, and cost of the essentiality checks, the available approaches score differently in terms of their efficiency.
- Should you want to have a sneak peek download the executive summary from this page.
- The final draft of the research paper is available on SSRN: Click here to download full paper
The final paper has been published by the Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice: click here.