- The Issue
- Mathew Heim
- Rt. Hon. Sir Robin Jacob
- Dr Begoña Gonzalez Otero
- Prof. Dr. Peter Picht
- Dr Christian Schneider
- Prof. Dr. Lea Tochtermann
- Richard Vary
- Dr Hayleigh Bosher
- Dr Eskil Ullberg
- Dr. Peter Oksen
- Arnaud de la Fouchardière
- Tamara Nanayakkara
- Prof. Nicolas Petit
- Dr. Igor Nikolic
- Prof. Jean-Sébastien Borghetti
- Dr. Bowman Heiden
- Case Law Search
Visit our NEW interactive resource area for innovative SMEs - using IP to grow
03 July 2019
Help for drawing economic and strategic value from intellectual property
Today, 4iP Council unveils a new resource area to help innovative SMEs draw economic and strategic value from intellectual property (IP). Designed as a practical aid, this area explains and compares different types of IP; points to the different routes for registering IP; communicates the strategic impacts of IP and educates stakeholders on the decision pathways for leveraging IP effectively. Named, 4SMEs, the resource area aligns with 4iP Council’s goal to support European innovation through the provision of research and educational resources.
The new area includes the following resources which outline and link to contacts, data points, case studies, quotes and examples that will be further enriched and expanded over time.
- An interactive chart guiding stakeholders on the different IP choices and pathways for registration.
- 4 Reasons to Patent - an interactive guide on the benefits of patenting.
- An interactive tree for business growth – this colourful guide in the shape of a living tree, aims to help innovators bring their IP strategies to life.
- Interviews and testimonials with entrepreneurs, SMEs and the SME ecosystem of funding organisations and advisors.
- Summaries ofSME related research and useful third party publications.
"Using intellectual property to grow a business is an art and there are many lessons to share. We created this area to pool expert knowledge and give SMEs a broad overview of IP choices, strategic pathways and common thought processes", said Claudia Tapia, Chair, 4iP Council.