- The Issue
- Mathew Heim
- Rt. Hon. Sir Robin Jacob
- Dr Begoña Gonzalez Otero
- Prof. Dr. Peter Picht
- Dr Christian Schneider
- Prof. Dr. Lea Tochtermann
- Richard Vary
- Dr Hayleigh Bosher
- Dr Eskil Ullberg
- Dr. Peter Oksen
- Arnaud de la Fouchardière
- Tamara Nanayakkara
- Prof. Nicolas Petit
- Dr. Igor Nikolic
- Prof. Jean-Sébastien Borghetti
- Dr. Bowman Heiden
- Case Law Search
Next webinar is on 18 February. The IPKat's Hayleigh Bosher covers the essentials on copyright and social media
14 January 2020
Filling fast - register quickly
Register here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_kruOjOojSuqlwscSI2AH2w
Could you be infringing copyright law without knowing it? Learn about the remit of social media and how copyright works on it; improve your understanding of the rules for sharing content over social media and how these might be better understood. Dr Hayleigh Bosher lectures on intellectual property at Brunel University in London and is a regular contributor to The IPKat on copyright law and cases.
This 4iP Council webinar on 18 February at 16.00 CET will address the following:
- The remit of social media - how it is being used and what that means in relation to counterfeit goods.
- Copyright works on social media - copyright protects photographs and videos, but should everything on social media be protected?
- Copyright infringement on social media - we all share content on social media, but is it illegal, and what are the risks?
- The terms and conditions of social media platforms - we all have social media profiles but how many of us have read the terms and conditions that we have agreed to?
- Social media in education - social media is a great tool for education, but what can we do to better inform and protect teachers and students?
Dr Hayleigh Bosher is an internationally published
Hayleigh’s publications on copyright and social media include
- Instagram Influencers: No, Having 30,000 Followers Does Not Make You a Celebrity, The Conversation
- 10 things you should know about Instagram Terms and Conditions – The Conversation
- Copyright and Social Media, IPAN Issue Brief (Feb 18)
- Bosher & Yesiloglu, An Analysis of the Fundamental Tensions Between Copyright and Social Media: The Legal Implications of Sharing Images on Instagram, International Review of Law, Computers & Technology (2018)
- Sharing Your Teaching Materials Through Social Media, Copyright Licensing Agency Blog
This webinar is part of our on-going IP educational activities.